CrossFit 101: Your Complete Guide to the High Intensity Workout
CrossFit is a strength conditioning program that was made to improve the physical fitness military and police personnel, but it proved to be so useful that people at any skill level can participate and be challenged by the work out.It’s a training program that builds muscle through high intensity workouts.. To get started, there are some important exercises that are required by the CrossFit program. By combining some of these simple exercises into a single workout, you can increase both increase your endurance and unlock your potential strength.
Stretch On: Flexibility is very important to those doing a cross fit workout. Before you begin the routine, focusing on the hip flexors,lower back , and hamstrings. Some good poses to try include:
- forward bend
- head to knee
- side stretch
Dont forget your weight: For an effective cross-fit workout, choose two exercises that truly pushes you to the limit. Generally, a basic barbell move, like a squat or bench press, paired with an Olympic weightlifting move, such as the dead-lift or snatch, is a good way to go. 10 to 15 reps of each exercise should be enough. Some options to try are:
- Bench presses
- Overhead presses
Move on to full body exercises: These can use body weight, resistance bands, or medicine balls. Depending on the length of difficulty of the exercises, you can choose to do between two and four different exercises. Ideally, each exercise will employ a variety of muscle groups rather than one. Do as many reps as you comfortably can, but note that if you can comfortably do more than 50 you should increase the difficulty of the exercise.Here are some ideas for exercises to do:
- Push ups and push up variants.
- Jump Squats.
- Medicine ball lunges.
- Medicine ball figure eights.
- Medicine ball sit ups.
- Resistance band squats.
- Bicep curls with a resistance band.
Design your workout: Plan how you will do your exercises, once you have chosen the different ones you want to do. There’s no real right way to do this, but there are a few guidelines that are good to follow. Consider staggering less challenging exercises between the more challenging ones. An example of a workout plan would be: 10 reps of a heavy exercise followed by 15 reps of a less challenging one. Repeat for 5 rounds. You can also get creative with the routine, such as starting with a large number of reps and decreasing the amount you do each set.
Who is CrossFit for?
The Pros of CrossFit
With a workout as popular as CrossFit, there are definitely positives that go along with the class. It will certainly push you, and you’ll see results. Here’s a list of some of the perks:
– CrossFit uses multi-joint movements, which helps keep your nervous system sharp, while also having a positive effect on your bone density.
– It can help increase muscle mass and strength.
– The main reason why this workout is so popular because it gets results, and it pushes you.It increases your bodys ability to burn more calories even while youre resting. It can help increase muscle mass and strength
The Cons of CrossFit
As with many things, there are certainly some negatives you should be aware of with CrossFit.here are some of them:
– Not all trainers are created equal. If your teacher isn’t teaching proper form and isn’t ensuring that you’re working at your own level, you could end up getting hurt.
– The workouts can be addictive. It’s wonderful if you like doing CrossFit and are regularly doing it. However, you also need to give your body a break. Don’t work out too much or feel guilty if you occasionally miss a workout.Make sure you’re not centering your life around your CrossFit classes. Just make sure there is some balance.