Your Feet Your Best Friend
We normally tend to take the easy route out well because of two reasons 1) we say we don’t have the time or 2) we are really lazy. Who wants to take a bicycle to work when you can cruise in your shiny new BMW. However it’s time we put all the cars aside for a while and start walking. The Benefits of this Simple exercise may just save your life.
How to Walk: Yeah I’m sure you all know how to do that but how to do it effectively is what matters.
1) Start and Stop: You can begin by walking for some distance at a definite pace and stop for a while to recover. The benefits of doing this can be seen in sports like football where athletes use this technique to their advantage. As you keep doing this you can lower your recovery intervals.
2) Set your goals: Find a Sign like a lamppost o bench to use as a marker and increase your speed when you reach them.
3) Watch your step: Instead of landing flat on the ground make sure the heel lands first and then your entire foot. This ensures minimal injury.
4) Time for Shopping: Choose the shoe which fits you perfectly and gives you maximum comfort while walking.
5) Walk Straight: When your body’s aligned, your back and butt muscles are able to work more powerfully, so you walk faster and torch more calories.
What are the top 5 reasons to walk?
1) Walking prevents type 2 diabetes. The Diabetes Prevention Program showed that walking 150 minutes per week and losing just 7% of your body weight can reduce your risk of diabetes by 58%.
2) Its good for your heart: We all probably know this but the fact remains mortality rates among retired men who walked less than one mile per day were nearly twice that among those who walked more than two miles per day.
3) Makes you Smarter: Children who are physically fit absorb and retain new information more effectively than children who are out of shape. Men and Women who walk daily had significantly better cognitive function.
4) Stay Free of Cancer: Women who walk for one hour to two and a half hours per week of had an 18% decreased risk of breasts cancer compared to inactive women.
5) Become Stronger: Walking not only helps to strengthen your bone but also helps prevent rapid bone loss.